As coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to impact the global and local community, we are committed to continuing to provide uninterrupted service to our patients. We are focused on ways to help limit the spread of coronavirus while helping serve our patients with their care. We are modifying access to our facility so we can help protect you, our patient, and helping ensure the safety of our staff as well.
- If you have an upcoming appointment at our office, we are asking that you come alone. Should you have a family member or friend with you, they will be asked to wait in the car until your appointment is completed.
- Prior to your appointment at our office, take the opportunity to update any of your information (address, insurance information) by utilizing our patient forms on our website https://www.summerlinderm.com. You may also bring a completed copy of your patient paperwork with you by simply downloading and printing those forms. This will ensure minimal time in our office. However, if you prefer to update your information at our office, we ask that you please bring your own pen.
- If the patient is a minor, we ask that only one person, the guardian, accompany the patient to that appointment.
- All patients will be asked to wash their hands upon arrival before signing in, as well as before entering an exam room.
- All patients will have a temperature screening before being brought in the exam room. Patients exhibiting a temperature of 100°F or greater (37°C), will be rescheduled.
- A brief history will be taken of each patient regarding recent travel, symptoms, and known exposure.
- Appointments will be carefully scheduled to accommodate emergencies for the critical, elderly, and other high-risk patients.
These strategies focus on keeping affected patients out of our office, and we genuinely appreciate your cooperation and understanding during this uncertain time.
We are happy to answer any questions or address any concerns during this time of crisis. Please contact us at 702-243-4501.